Solicitors and the problems they cause!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two friends who are trying to buy and sell a house.

The sellers solicitor refuses to sell unless the purchaser uses solicitor which they did not really want to do. ( jobs for the boys. )

Eventually the buyer engaged a solicitor who did nothing apart for going on holiday! For a month this solicitor refused top reply to the phone or emails. Eventually he was conned into answering the phone and now says "he has lost the file" which contained some original documents.

Another solicitor for the purchaser is quoting about double the usual prices.

I am totally disappointed by solicitors in general. Does anyone know a solicitor who eards less than £50,000 pa and is willing to do simple conveyancing quickly and economically?

Another gripe! Whilst electricians and plumbers will at least answer the phone during the holiday period, why is it that all solicitors stop before Christmas and only resume after the new year and then say they are too busy to do anything for at least four weeks?

Tony

Sponsored Links
By the sounds of this. It sounds as though the buyers didnt have a clue anyway!

I cant knock my solicitor, even when she went on holiday.

dont start me on solicitors!.......... they are just awful and do virtulay nothing for thier money. My experience is go for one engaged by an estate agents at least they do the job all day. (we eneded up useing one form an estate agents who wasnt selling our flat or with the estate agents we bought from, but they were cheapest and least hassel)

Sponsored Links
Why can a collection of idiots in shiny suits affect the economy to a greater degree than the Chancellor of the Exchequer? ;)

Best estate agent I ever met took me to one side after showing me round a flat and told me not to buy it! You might wonder if he just wanted it for himself, but it really was very run-down, in a high-crime area (bars on every window!). He pointed out that several of the cars on the street were vandalised, some were up on bricks.

I thought it was very honest of the chap, even though technically he is meant to be acting on behalf of the vendor, not a prospective purchaser. :LOL:

Agile said:
The sellers solicitor refuses to sell unless the purchaser uses solicitor which they did not really want to do. ( jobs for the boys. )

That is ILLEGAL.

I would suugest a report to the BAR council and the local Police.

Good idea.

Might have more luck with the Law Society though, as the Bar Council deals with barristers, not solicitors....

No worries... Soon have 'sellers pack' .. all the problems will melt away as if by magic... Houses and underlying problems will be bought and sold in a trice.
:D :D

ban-all-sheds said:
Good idea.

Might have more luck with the Law Society though, as the Bar Council deals with barristers, not solicitors....

Thanks for that BAS...your right of course...

Bah :!: Humbug.....without prejudice, Scrooge+ Marley, Comissioners for oaths :eek:

empip said:
No worries... Soon have 'sellers pack' .. all the problems will melt away as if by magic... Houses and underlying problems will be bought and sold in a trice.
:D :D

:D - shall we start a new thread?

Nah, let's go hi-jack someone else's .... :D

Tony

you had this fred awhile ago ...

I see they went with solicitor an as you predicted then....
it would turn too sh*t for your friends selling the property using this tosspot ..

do you predict lottery numbers as well (except those on Lost !)

AdamW said:
...it really was very run-down, in a high-crime area (bars on every window!). He pointed out that several of the cars on the street were vandalised, some were up on bricks.

Perhaps he thought you might have spotted these clues on your own, and was only protecting his own "reputation" ;)

Further more, why do I need to contribute to the police service, in my council tax. Bang out of order is that.

Sponsored Links
Back