Solid wood airing cupboard door

Can't, it's stuck... Nah seriously, there's about a tube of gripfill holding that bu**er in place, battens supporting both sides! :LOL:

I have got a good shower over the bath though, pump installed in the airing cupboard with a nice thermostatic mixer valve... Just have to remember to turn the mains back on after doing any works or it has a tendency to drain the cold tank rather quickly!

Sponsored Links
adam what decides you use 12mm pine

if its a rebate you need to fit the top in you can of course
with a router remove 6mm from back or front to fit in

the last bath panel i made was 12mm ply with 12x44mm pine
moulded to give a raised feature two oblongs along the side

big all

Hmmmmm, perhaps that is doable. I am thinking in my head where the rebates would need to be, and it is only relatively small places (i.e. the bath cradle).

So, perhaps I will speak to my local timber merchants, see if they can get me some 18mm timber board in a 1800 x 600mm kind of size.

And then I can get a router... MWAHAHAHA!!!! :LOL:

Oh, by the way: is router pronounced "ROOTER", or "RALTER" :confused:

heeelllooo a w [same initials as me]

i originate from scotland

roooter for me

proud of my ooooooo and000000000000000s
just make shure you pronounce ooooooooo ooooooooo
and 00000000 oaoaoaoao

and if you do router a board down to 12mm gap
make it 11mm [1mm for clearance]

big all

Sponsored Links
O U T spells:
OUT (if it's a woodworking machine).
OOT (if it's a network connection device, even this is OUT if you're American)
OYT (if it's a news agency)

Just my humble opinion as an Essex Boy.

heeelllooo tex mex

nowt to do with opinions

its your perceptions and the way you hear things :LOL: :LOL:

i live in surrey now [never mind im not selfish or materialistic]
and people who are working class like me who think pronounciation
is be all and end all are misguided just be yourself care about your
community and egnore selfish people and be happy with life :D :D :D

big all

Couldn't agree more. There's more than one way to skin a cat, make a bath panel, and pronounce "router". Variety is the spice of life. Vivre le differance.

Just don't be surprised if, when asking for a router in Essex, you're directed to PC World as the most likely supplier. :LOL:

aaa yes but i ask for a roooter

and they say are you trying to dig up a tree :eek: :eek:

Ah, accents. The salt and pepper that seasons our beautiful language... Sometimes a tangy sauce, sometimes even a bit fruity. :LOL:

I was reading an article on English througout the world. Did you know: the UK has the greatest diversity of accents and dialects of any English speaking country. Despite being written by an American it did a very good job of breaking down the main accents and dialects. I had never really thought of "Essex", "Cockney" and "South London" as being different dialects before, but apparently they are.

I thought that "International English" referred to US English (as many software manufacturers seem to think) but this is in fact incorrect. Apparently, "International English" is RP, the Queen's English. Well I never!

Oooh, and you know how in Frasier some of the characters sound more English than American? This is a common trait of the Eastern coastal areas (such as Boston), as in times gone by they were exposed to English and took up its various pronunciations as those pronunciations changed. I know an American who took some persuading to believe that Frasier and Niles were also Americans! :LOL:

One of my American friends (originally from LA) informs me that, in New York her accent is often mistaken as an English accent! Still has a thouroughly American twang to me. She, herself, thinks the cockney accent (my natural dialect), sounds rather sophisticated :)

The proper Essex accent (My wifes native tongue), sounds completely different. It's kind of a cross between RP and Country Bumpkin.

As for Mockney (as exemplified by Ben Elton), just sounds like a complete p*ss take to me. Perhaps he had lessons from Dick Van Dlke :)

The Herts accent is an interesting one, sounds a bit like west country but with dropped h's and a smattering of estuary.

The estuary accent seems to have spread here too, though, so it is becoming quite rare. Apparently people adopt the estuary "mockney" accent in order to blend in. And of course Phony Tony likes to put it on in interviews sometimes.

"Awwwwwight me old china, I'm the Prah Ministah, guv'nor!" :LOL:

As Big-All says, nothing wrong with regional accents, it's just a shame that perceptions can be so biased. I find that a lot of people have the impression that all cockneys are either comedians, spivs, or both. Imagine your wife, attending a Pre Natal checkup, having a gynaecologist say "Awright luv, drop yer strides and spread ya legs, I'll av a butchas." So what's wrong with that?

Apparently Lloyd Grossman's accent is 100% natural for his part of the world. Just imagine, there are dustmen out there talking like that!

But, What the heck has all this got to do with your bath panel anyway? :LOL:

Isn't Lloyd Grossman a Canadian?

Canada too has lots of different accents. Newfies with their pseudo-Scottish accents, Quebecois with their "Outrrrrrrrageous Fronch acconts" (don't let me start on the Canadian French dialects, some interesting history there!), the rest who say "aboot" instead of "about".

And of course all of them, saying "Eh?" at the end of every sentence. And calling people "Hoser".

The link between this and my bath panel is, I don't want to walk into a tool shop and ask for a "rooter" when I need a "ralter". Making sure I understood the chippy banter, what.

AdamW said:
Isn't Lloyd Grossman a Canadian?

Canada too has lots of different accents. Newfies with their pseudo-Scottish accents, Quebecois with their "Outrrrrrrrageous Fronch acconts" (don't let me start on the Canadian French dialects, some interesting history there!), the rest who say "aboot" instead of "about".

And of course all of them, saying "Eh?" at the end of every sentence. And calling people "Hoser".

The link between this and my bath panel is, I don't want to walk into a tool shop and ask for a "rooter" when I need a "ralter". Making sure I understood the chippy banter, what.

My ten pee worth, from what I've been taught/told to call stuff.

Woodwork = Row-ta

Computer - can be either Row-ta or Roo-ta, yanks mainly say Row-ta apparently where as us In blighty use either

Navigation - Blighty = root
Good ol' US of = Rowt.

Me (Sarf Eeest London B+B) Roota - Rowta - Scoooter - Scouter. :LOL:

If "router" is pronounced "rooter", how do you pronounce "count"? :LOL:

"That aristocrat over there is a genuine Count." :oops:

*groan*

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back