Solid Wood Flooring & Appropriate Underlay

Sponsored Links
BWFA: 2 and 3 day training
Fita: 2 days basic, 3 days intermediate
Floorskills (wow, your name is mentioned): 2 days basic

For those who know some Dutch: Gildevaert (now RCOM) wood floor fitter: 2 years followed by allround wood floor fitter - again 2 years

Yep, all courses designed around keeping yourself up to date or some one new who wants to get in to flooring or maybe a employee of a company that is trying to improve there quality.

NOT TO BECOME A QUALIFIED INSTALLER.

As i said to get QUALIFIED you need to do a apprenticeship that takes 18 months and THEN you will have to be assessed and have to pass assessment before they becoming qualified.

Are you a qualified to install wooden floors? Do you attend courses to keep yourself up to date? what was the last course you attended?
[/u][/b]

So show me, and the rest, webpages of the UK training centres where I can read what you say. That's another point missing in our trade - clear communication.

take the first one. The BWFA, it lists courses. I cant see any where that it will maike you a qualified installer?

Under courses it says they can offer a apprenticeship and NVQ qualification. Seperate from the courses.

So are you qualified to install wooden floors or not ?

Sponsored Links
That's what I mean with clear communication. If anyone would read the following:

"BWFA
The Training School has relocated to a state of the art facility in Earlswood, Solihull and is offering a wide range of courses for all levels . Feed back from the courses has been excellent and individauls want to carry on to the more advanced levels.

Courses Available in 2012:

16 & 17 Oct
2 Day Wood Installation Course : Code BWFA 01

26, 27 & 28 Nov
3 Day Wood Installation Course : Code BWFA 03"

What do you read - as installer and as domestic client? (Plus someone needs to check the spelling of the BWFA's website)

you can do a course in any trade. Doing a apprenticeship / qualification is complete different thing. Surely you must under stand teh difference between a course and a qualification?

I can book a plumbing course, decorating course etc, i would have to be a bit silly thinking i could be quailifed after 2 days.

So you going to answer the question.

ARE YOU Qualified to install wooden floors? Are your other installation staff qualified?

I'm not interested in what you read in it, I was asking the rest of the public.

You give training/courses, so you're biased.

Have you found a webpage yet to show all of us about what you're saying in regards of certification? Plus the reason why UK training centres are focussing on the USA methods/guides instead of the European ones?

Plus the reason why UK training centres are focussing on the USA methods/guides instead of the European ones?

We do work with European methods ?

We work along side a wide range of European flooring manufactures and they use us for training in the U.K as recommended training center. Funny how they all say not to float solid wood floors.

As for the difference between training and a qualification , maybe this will help. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuing_professional_development

And a qualification - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualification_types_(UK)

That still doesn't show me pages on the UK training centres website stating what you are stating.

As for European methods, how come you yourself emailed me the American methods to check if we would agree with them - they were to be used at BWFA trainings?

As for European methods, how come you yourself emailed me the American methods to check if we would agree with them - they were to be used at BWFA trainings?

Its called feedback. At the time we was trying to get a idea of different view's on methods. We emailed a lot of different people so we could get a idea of peoples knowledge and methods.

However after reading your book it became very apparent how poor your knowledge and method are.

Your book is a great entertainment tho enjoyed by many EUROPEAN manufactures along with U.K.

So i ask again, are you qualified to install floors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back