Solidor cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Solidor that is just 3 yrs old, the company who fitted it has gone out of buisness and walked away from his commitments thus leaving me with a guarantee that is just now a worthless bit of paper. The door has developed some very small spidery cracks around the letterbox edge and I was wondering if a car polish with a colour enhancer would work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A pic has been attached.

Attachments

• door_cracks.jpg
    door_cracks.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 784
Sponsored Links
The scratches are too deep for any sort of polish I'm afraid.....time to think of another paint finish which wouldn't clash.
John :)

Hi, I have a Solidor that is just 3 yrs old, the company who fitted it has gone out of buisness and walked away from his commitments thus leaving me with a guarantee that is just now a worthless bit of paper. The door has developed some very small spidery cracks around the letterbox edge and I was wondering if a car polish with a colour enhancer would work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A pic has been attached.
Colour matched car polish will hide a lot of that .

Bob Gooch, good evening.

To be honest, the marks are to me cracks, in the external finish, a possible failure of the material.

As for the fitter going out of business?? if you consider it the supplier is only fitting a product that [should be] guaranteed by the manufacturer? and if the top surface has cracked that is a build / design / manufacturing defect???

Suggest you look on the internet for defects in such doors and see what is there??

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a Solidor that is just 3 yrs old, the company who fitted it has gone out of buisness and walked away from his commitments thus leaving me with a guarantee that is just now a worthless bit of paper.

No it's not worthless, it's been a requirement since April 2002 that all guarantees are insurance backed known in the trade as 'IBG', in the event that the installer ceases trading the warranty provider steps in for the remainder of the 10 year guarantee, dig your paperwork out and find a certificate, usually policies are bought by the installer through one of the self certification body's like fensa or certass, in the absence of a physical warranty cert then give one of those 2 call, another avenue to try is the GGF, they may have been members also and acquired a warranty through them

If you cannot locate the papers?
1/. Did you pay using a Credit Card? if so there is a little known "Faulty Goods" clause where you can make a claim Via the Credit card provider, the same can apply to a Bank Debit card, check with the Bank?

2/. The "flashy" web site for these doors will have a "specimen" Guarantee.

Ken.

This has happened to my door

Attachments

• IMAG5510.jpg
    IMAG5510.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 129
i though this was going to be a thomas the tank story where the fat controller or an engine had a nervous breakdown ??:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back