Solution for cracking wall due to movement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have an issue in my house which I just can't seem to find a suitable solution.

Basically the house had a rear lounge extension done about 15 years ago. The original house has had ground movement which was supposed to have been solved by geobear who injected some sort of material underground throughout the ground floor to fill in any voids.

So what's happening now is as there still seems to be movement. I am getting cracks in between the rear lounge extension and the original lounge. The extention is solid but as the original house seems to have movement, it's basically splitting.

What can I do to solve this. I want to refurbish the whole lounge. But how can I make sure the cracks in between don't reappear. The room has been dot and dabbed.

You can see in the photo where it's cracked on the wall and the ceiling as this was the weakest spot. Then it goes long ceiling to other side of wall where the crack lines are finer. Coving joint has come apart as well.

I would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 20220918_114731.jpg
    20220918_114731.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220918_114724.jpg
    20220918_114724.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
Get a structural engineer's report to diagnose the problem and devise a solution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back