solution to global warming?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the "pipeline" thread got me googling and apparently they are going to capture the CO² from power plants and pipe it back under the sea for storage.. ( into the gas and oil fields that are now empty.. )...

if they pump it in under enough pressure, it will solidify into dry ice..
won't this have the effect of cooling the planet a bit :) ;)

Sponsored Links
how quaint?

long term solution?
reduce world population.

say by 75%

are you volunteering WDIK?

all of this pumping and high pressure.....how much energy are they going to use to do this? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
if the global warming brings on an ice age then a few nuclear explosions inside inactive volcanoes should warm things up a bit

When things start going wrong, it is common practice to look at the last thing changed, one relatively recent change has been the clean air act.
Prior to that we used to have some pretty severe winters.

As there are now less particulates in the atmosphere, could this lack of shielding be contributing to the global warming effect?
We could do with, as previously stated, a few major volcanic eruptions to redress the balance.
We appear to be lemmings rushing to our own self destruction, without stepping back to look at the whole picture.

Wotan

if they pump it in under enough pressure, it will solidify into dry ice..
won't this have the effect of cooling the planet a bit :) ;)

wouldn't it actually have the opposite effect? :confused: If I can remember my physics for the gas to turn into dry ice, i.e. get colder it will have to give out its' latent heat. However, I may be wrong there, as it is being placed under pressure its' boiling and solidification points are reduced so that there is probably very little energy transfer.

There must be someone on this forum who can put this more scienctifically than I can.

Also wotan we had clean air prior to the industrial revolution but higher average global temperatures, the romans grew vineyards in northern England.

There must be someone on this forum who can put this more scienctifically than I can.
Ok i'll try me best....
basically you have this cold thingy and if you put it next to a warm thingy then the cold thingy melts, this makes the warm thingy very happy and they all live happily ever after. :D

Er hold on..... in our house at this time of year I've got this cold thingy which is put to bed where it becomes a warm thingy, but then it comes into contact with this cold thingy and then the warm thingy doesn't get very happy :confused: :( :confused: :(

does the warm thingy make the cold thingy welcome first or is the cold thingy trying his luck?

Well you know ... when a thingy's cold it's very hard to be welcoming.
and in this weather the cold slows everything down and it's hard to make any thingy warm and happy. :confused:

I see, can you explain that in detail scientifically please :D

Sponsored Links
Back