Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the kitchen diner I've got a 1 gang switch in the kitchen to control spot lights and in the dining area I have a 2 gang switch (one gang for the spot lights in the kitchen and the other is for a light above the dining table).

Below I have shown the wiring I have done, for some reason the lights wont turn on, ia there a mistake below????

HELP.JPG

Sponsored Links
In the kitchen diner I've got a 1 gang switch in the kitchen to control spot lights and in the dining area I have a 2 gang switch (one gang for the spot lights in the kitchen and the other is for a light above the dining table).

Below I have shown the wiring I have done, for some reason the lights wont turn on, ia there a mistake below????

View attachment 315459

I can't understand your pictures.

By "3ph" do you mean twin and earth?

It looks like the supply cable comes into Switch 1, which I think is supposed to be a single, two-way switch. Which should have three terminals (plus an earth in the box). But it seems to have four. Why?

Have you got a multimeter? If not, go out and buy one now before posting any more.

Cheers @RandomGrinch I do have the 4 terminal switches for "taking the power to the switch".

@JohnD The "3ph" is twin and earth, and the 3ph(in) is coming from the previous switch (everything previous to the kitchen is working well). And the 4ph is 3 core and earth.

Also, getting a replacement multimeter as I've found out mine isn't working today.

Sponsored Links
I can't see anything wrong with your wiring diagram.
Taking it logically, the single lamp is purely connected from "in" to the "out" (through a couple of connections, but no through complicated two way wiring) - if this light isn't working, you need to investigate whether you are getting any power to the "in", to begin with.
Get that new multimeter! :)

Disconnect the 2 way strappers from the switch and check the kitchen lights work

@Murdochcat the single kitchen light works fine controlled from switch 2, if you mean remove the strapper and check the LEDs then I've just tried that and no change

I can't see anything wrong with your wiring diagram.
Taking it logically, the single lamp is purely connected from "in" to the "out" (through a couple of connections, but no through complicated two way wiring) - if this light isn't working, you need to investigate whether you are getting any power to the "in", to begin with.
Get that new multimeter! :)
@Murdochcat Got a muluimeter :giggle: these are the results I got... I cant make since of it

1696084542940.png

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! For anyone that finds this thread down the line, the wiring was all correct. The 2 gang switch was faulty (the gang that was controlling the kitchen light was working correctly but the gang strapped onto the LEDs was faulty.

Cheers everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back