Solving the gap after fitting thinner interior doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm going throw this one out there to see if anyone has any bright ideas. We've recently replaced all of our interior doors with new one, these are thinner than our old doors and there is now a gap between the door and the door stops (is that the correct term for the moulding inside the frame that stops the door swinging through?)

Before we installed the doors we painted all the frames (didn't think this through properly) Rather than prying all the door stops off (and ruining the lovely paint job) is there a trade way/material to help fill this small gap that can be tacked into place and painted over? I know the right thing to do is to remove and move them but I'm just too lazy and also know it's going to ruin the work I've spent hours doing!

Look forward to any suggestions you migth all have out there and thanks in advance (this forum managed to solve my bay window issues so I'm keeping the faith)

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Cut the hinges closer in to the stops, glue an peg the old screw holes and re-fix.

as above,OR use utility knife and cut the paint line both sides of the stops,pry stops off and install wider new stops,yes they will require painting but if you cut and dry fit 1st then paint then fix this then requires minimal filling painting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back