Some closeup pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last couple of years I have taken the odd picture of small insects; no particular reason, i just like photographing them to see what detail i can pick up. These were taken on an iPhone so i'm sure a better camera would show better.

Anyone got any pics they've taken like this?

This fella was on my brick line...

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_5003.JPG

752.JPG

Not great focus...

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

Sponsored Links
Also on an iPhone, my mate has a Huawei and I bet that would take a great close up

5F97C92F-7308-4050-AE42-29705F1617A6.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Found a snake in a electric barrier in the middle of Nottingham a few years ago ....left it alone ....lol

If I can be of help, the second one (??) is what we call a caterpillar.
:D
thats the boy - could I think of that word last night, could I bollix. Was on the home brew, lol

Rather you than me with the tick ! Lol
aye - dodgy things ticks, just got that one off the dog, it looked pretty full so probably safe-ish.

I once had one before it had filled - as I was trying to get a picture of it, it slipped off my finger and disappeared underneath my keyboard. It was pretty disturbing having this harbinger of vile disease lurking inside the keyboard, had to seal the keyboard in a plastic bag and keep it outside until I had time to take it to bits and get the dam thing out - it was still alive 4 or 5 dyas later

I really do hate ticks, they can pass on some horrible illnesses, I'm lucky they don't seem to bite me (famous last words) I have found them crawling on me numerous times but never knowingly had one embedded.
Here is one before its had its blood meal, this is probably the same type of deer tick as the engorged one above, its amazing how they fill up.

fingertick_6693.JPG

IMGP0545.jpg
A drip, idea was to get view of woodland, but did not work very well,
IMGP3268.jpg
The mould taken just outside Mold is another attempt, the problem as ever is focus, to get depth of field you need a small shutter setting and that means long exposure and also any dirt on the sensor or lens is shown up.

I have tried all sorts, close up lenses, bellows, reversing rings, both between lens and camera and between lenses, also tried a microscope, but walking around with a tripod which is required with 8 second exposure times is not easy, and with the results from a phone I wonder why I bothered with a DSLR? IMGP4498.JPG IMGP4506.JPG IMGP4508.JPG yes with time when long exposures possible one can get really good close up and macro, how one works out which is which or even if it matters I don't know, macro was when image on negative is bigger than item, now of course sensor, can tell you size of DSLR sensor, but phone not a clue. Last three 15 seconds, 1 second, and 15 seconds exposure. Clearly not hand held.

Sponsored Links
Back