Photography and related stuff

I have the Nikon D7000 and Pentax K10D the latter much older so the sensor is not as sensitive to that of the Nikon a new Pentax would I am sure be as good as the Nikon. In daylight both work well, I also tried taking photos of birds on feeders. The Pentax has three lenses only one is automatic and I found light over the day does change so automatic has an advantage. Using the computer and Tether software I could take a series of photos and then select those with birds in the frame, however I found the Nikon has a built in system allowing one to take a series of photos at set intervals using just the camera. I will admit as yet I have not had any lucky photos. And luck has a lot to do with it. Focus I found is a problem as you want to focus on a point which does not exist. Your top picture is really good, the other two are not really sharp enough I will guess the same as I have found focus slightly out.

The 18 ~ 55mm on the Pentax is really quick to focus although one often feels not quick enough but the 18 ~ 270mm Tamron lens on the Nikon is very slow. As to if due to lens or camera hard to know but with Pentax the auto focus is part of camera and with Nikon it's part of the lens. What I would love is bracketed focus like we get bracketed exposure. With the 400mm on the Penax everything is manual and I always reset focus between each shot as so easy to shoot a whole series which is out of focus when on a tripod.

Sponsored Links
Back