Some guidance please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there..

I wonder if someone could offer some guidance about building regulations please.

I am looking at doing our house and it would appear everything I am suggesting doing, no matter how small requires a notification or submission of some sort that I am led to believe costs £150 each time..

Basically, I am now looking at utilising the space under my stairs and installing a small access door.. I no terms will it be a full size door but just something we can maybe duck into or reach inside and store some stuff.

I have emailed our local building control for their advice, but wanted to just ask the question on here too, as I think I'll be waiting a while for a response.

For the described job, would I need any permissions or submit anything to building control or the council before commencing work..?

Many Thanks

Dougie

Sponsored Links
That work does not sound like it requires an application

Also, things can be grouped into one application for one fee, so not £150 every time

Thanks for your advice and help woody!!... I'm glad, as I was a little dismayed when I had thought of re using my chimney as an open fire as we did have a gas fire in there and was told it wasn't worth it due to the processes of planning and building control...

Many Thanks

Dougie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back