Some of downstairs lights gone off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I've just switched a downstairs light on and the bulbs 'blown' along with several, but not all of the other downstairs lights. I've replaced the bulbs but still no joy. There is only one fuse in the fuse box for downstairs lighting, I presume this is ok as some of the downstairs lights are working. I've taken this fuse out in the past and all downstairs lights were isolated.
Upstairs lights, sockets etc are working ok.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
most likely a bad connection somewhere has blown out (sometimes bad connections can act something like fuses and be taken out by the surge of a bulb failure).

start by going arround all the downstairs lights checking and tightning connections, if that doesn't work its time for some more thorough diagnosis.

Sponsored Links
I replaced the entire light fitting and rose from the light that had blown the bulb and everthing is now ok.

Thanks plugwash for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back