Some of my radiators are not getting warm all over equally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does any one have any suggestions to what it might be

I only noticed this today, but the funny thing is the one had this problem before I had the combi installed is better than all the others.

The system had jet flo flushed etc and has a magna clean plus some other fancy liquid name to protect the system.

anyone have any ideas, i tried the needle on one of them but makes no difference, so didnt bother checking with the rest? :eek: :confused:

and anoher plumber asked me to leave the system on for a while.

is this dangerous? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, but

Is there any chance that the needle could come off and start leaking?
I have honwywell TRVs fitted

Because when I bled the one needle so far of one rad, after taking off the TRV, it (the needle) came off when I pulled it with a plier and started squarting, is this normal?, :eek: I put them back on relatively easily and now is ok again (the TRV and needle)

I bled the top for air and it was ok, guess I will do all of them tomorrow see if it makes any difference, but the plumber who is good and experinced said to leave the rads on for a while which I havent had a chance to do yet

And will the needle fitted under the TRV ever come off/out accidentally and start leaking? :eek:

Sponsored Links
You're getting your needles nipples and pins mixed up m8.
This is causing confusion in DIYnot land

A needle has a hole in it
Your TRV has a pin in it
Your radiator has a nipple in it.

If your rad is hot at the bottom and cold at the top it has air in it.
If it wont bleed take the nipple out and stick a needle in the rad. Then when you hear air coming out put the nipple back in quickly without dropping it.

If your rad is hotter at one end than the other its supposed to be .... to an extent. Its designed to lose heat as the water passes through it. Depending on demand there could be a 10 or 11ºC drop between the 2 valves. Any more than that and the likelihood is that your system needs balancing so that theres a roughly even temperature difference across all of the rads. It could also indicate poor flow caused by things like an ailing pump or sludge in the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back