Some rads are luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of background first...

We've had no-end of trouble since our Isar HE24 combi was installed around 2 years ago. A few weeks back British Gas finally got to the bottom of the problem (the big problem we had was intermittent hot water). It seems the root cause was that the system wasn't flushed out before the combi was installed.

BG have now flushed the system and we have a good flow of hot water now. However, some rads appear luke warm whereas others heat up fine. They've been bled which doesn't appear to have helped.

The rads in question weren't great before the flush but now appear to be worse.

All ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
they or you proably need to rebalance the system
which easy
1 turn off the flow via lock sheild to all ones that work
and make sure that ones that don`t then come on

2 then give one you turned off a quater turn on hopefully that should
do it

they or you proably need to rebalance the system
which easy
1 turn off the flow via lock sheild to all ones that work
and make sure that ones that don`t then come on

2 then give one you turned off a quater turn on hopefully that should
do it

I'm a novice so could you explain in more detail please? Specifically, what do you mean by: 'turn off the flow via lock sheild'?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay but I've managed to sort most of the problems out.

Once I topped up the boiler (pressure had dropped to abour .5 bar) and then bled the rads a couple more times (and also topped up the boiler for a second time), the rads are now nice and hot again.

However, the heated towel rail in the bathroom is now not heating up at all (previously it was hot at the very bottom) but now cold even when the other rads are hot. When I bled the towl rail, loads of air came out but it's now full because water comes out now if I try a bleed it. Anyone have any ideas on this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back