Some Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My other half has just moved in with me, when clearing out her understairs cupboard (no pun) I came across this incomer, meter, henley box, fusebox combo.
I should add it was a housing assosciation house! Why couldn't they have replaced the cable! I also love the way they fixed the hole they made in the top of the fusebox by using a piece of floor tile!

Sponsored Links
Either the fuse bix used to be on that wood.

Or someone was Working live and jointed the tails in the Henley.

Why couldn't they have replaced the cable!

Im quessing cutting the meter seals could proberly cause future problems for the tenant regarding possible meter fiddling.

Im not entirely sure the DNO can just cut them, unless theres meter tail damage.

I recall a meter burnt out recently, DNO were there in half hour, but it took 2days just to get someone to look at the meter

Sponsored Links
Cutouts like that are everywhere. You could look at the underside of it to see if there is any exposed copper

Do I need to stress how important it is to not touch or stick something in ?

DO NOT TOUCH IT OR STICK ANYTHING IN IT

If you see any exposed copper then call out the DNO and they come along and put a nice new cutout in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back