some sort of pulsy device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As we don't have an electronics section, I'm posting this here.

I am after a device which will close a volt free normally open or normally closed contact, after a defined time of probably 5 - 30 seconds, but if possible without being triggered by anything external.

Preferably ELV

It is for control purposes only, and will only be switching mA

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it's not triggered by anything external when does the 5-30 seconds start or is it cyclic?

There are combination timers on the marker - delay on, delay off, delay on from pulse, delay off from pulse etc etc.

it is to trigger a PTZ camera controller after it has been operated by a PIR, to return it to preset 1

basically if a pir is triggered it sends a signal to the camera, which moves to the corresponding preset. It stays there until it receives another input. I want it to return to preset 1 after say 15 seconds

The controller will accept a signal from either a NO or a NC switch pair.

I was thinking of using a timer to pulse timer 1 maybe every 15 secs or so.

I may have a spare NO / NC contact on the PIRs wich I could common up to start the timer counting to 30 seconds before it sends a single pulse, acter the PIR has sent a pulse to the controller

Thanks for your help people.

I may have solved the issue though,

It seems the PIRs I have have 2 relay outputs, each of which can be programed for alsorts, including having a delay before they send a pulse, so that will hopefully do just what I want :D

Thanks for your help people.

I may have solved the issue though,

It seems the PIRs I have have 2 relay outputs, each of which can be programed for alsorts, including having a delay before they send a pulse, so that will hopefully do just what I want :D

you can get them to trigger if someone takes the plastic dome cover off - dont go there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back