Someone is trying to start a war in the Ukraine, It's NOT Russia (edit: yes it is)

Hum presumably your "sources" are bloggers ? Probably not the most reliable sources one could have, all emphasising whatever they want.

Sponsored Links
It does a hell of a lot...

Learn another language, and more languages are more easily picked up...

Along with a lot of other skills...

'Broaden the mind' is I believe the phrase...

And the more different people can communicate the lesser the chance of conflict!

Back in the day, France decided to create its own version of computer programming languages in French, because it didn't like all the English words in software. It held them back 10-15 years before they mostly abandoned it. Teaching people a foreign language is great, if its a language spoken around the world. Keeping Wales bi-lingual costs the UK a fortune to what benefit?

Keeping Wales bi-lingual costs the UK a fortune to what benefit?
4 million of which comes from lottery funding annually.
It’s part of Welsh history.
Supplying free water to England costs wales millions and none of the 4.5 billion from water exports goes to the Welsh. Not to mention the shared 100bn bill for hs2 or the London Olympics, oh and don’t mention alleged paedophilia and palace refurbs .............
just saying:whistle:

Sponsored Links
They stopped shooing at it and let the fire brigade in to the fire in an admin building.
It was crazy to start shelling it in the first place!

If anyone believes that putin won't stop at anything then they are deluding themselves...

He can now threaten the whole of Europe without firing a nuke missile...

I wonder if radiation counts as putting a boot on NATO soil?

And thus would the US get involved given that it would unlikely affect them?

Keeping Wales bi-lingual costs the UK a fortune to what benefit?
It doesn't cost a fortune...

Approx £40 million p.a.

What price would you put on national identity?

In comparison religious education is compulsory and legally required for all pupils in state funded schools aged 5 to 18 years.
(unless a parent opts out)

Which I would wager costs far more that teaching welsh to far fewer pupils...

So which is better value...

You can prove welsh people exist, but can you prove the existence of all (or any of) those 'imaginary friends'?

Supplying free water to England costs wales millions and none of the 4.5 billion from water exports goes to the Welsh.
just saying:whistle:
It is about time they started to pick up the bill for all the flood damage to english homes by allowing too much water into the rivers

Take B'ham - who paid for the water collection and delivery system? Not Wales. Where does the water money go to - companies. The Welsh nationalists do see water as a source of income in much the same way as Scotland sees oil and gas. Strange thing is even we do not own any of it as it's all been sold off. The only income is the corporation tax taken from the various sectors. This is not seen as a good way of funding a country. Search Dutch Disease. Other sectors are needed. :) It struck me that the Dutch Disease could be applied to an economy that bases itself on being mostly an importer. Stocks, shares, money and commodity dealing sounds a better option providing it isn't just concerns the country it is in.

LOL If Wales wants B'ham water they can pay back the cost of providing it at modern day values.

It is about time they started to pick up the bill for all the flood damage to english homes by allowing too much water into the rivers
There is a need to go back in time in this area. Ever increasing land drainage and building on flood plains which obviously needs drainage. Net effect is rivers silting up which reduces their carrying capacity. This is mentioned but more concentration on climate changes. This doesn't mean that flooding hasn't occurred in the past. It's more frequent, Build a load of houses anywhere and the rain water needs to go somewhere. Yet another factor.

Back in the day, France decided to create its own version of computer programming languages in French, because it didn't like all the English words in software. It held them back 10-15 years before they mostly abandoned it. Teaching people a foreign language is great, if its a language spoken around the world. Keeping Wales bi-lingual costs the UK a fortune to what benefit?

The EU wanted a common language. The chances of picking one of the existing ones were slim. It was called Esperanto and had been around for a long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

;) As you might expect it originated in mainland Europe. LOL Sadly we lost our land bridge to that rather a long time ago.

Ukrainian kids have been told that if the Russians come they wont be able to speak or write Ukrainian. This sort of thing can be a useful nationalist tool as can the summer camps.

:eek: There is an increasing drive to get all Welsh speaking Welsh. They already do in some areas rather than using English.

IMO, the sensible thing to have done around all power stations would have been - unarmed working at the nuke stations and ensuring that the Russians knew that the power stations had no armed forces and treat them as small war-free zones and put this in writing and share this with the media.
It is still not to late to do that as I think there are other power stations.

We all need to keep an open mind about this as in any war the truth gets confusing or a proper lie. Both sides will tell the truth and lies and a lot of the time there will be confusion.. Someone has to give way during the peace talks and then UN troops around the eastern areas as posted in a detailed post of mine.

If you have a better, more realistic idea let me know. Bottom line, putin is evil and nasty along with his cronies and I cannot recall Putin going into reverse gear so go for the best peace offer atm, ceasefire, un troops and work out a longer-term solution. Look at Libya, we liberated that its a cesspit as is Iraq - do we really want the people to suffer any more, NO

There will have to compromise on both sides as I see not alternative for immediate peace without a WW3/nuke war.. The only people to disagree with that are fools and want the killings to go on. Once ceasefire in place, work on it and hope the Russians take out Putin very soon.

Hopefully, soon, Putin is removed and a more sensible person leads Russia that is good for Russians and the rest of the world.

Thank you.

IMO, the sensible thing to have done around all power stations would have been - unarmed working at the nuke stations and ensuring that the Russians knew that the power stations had no armed forces and treat them as small war-free zones and put this in writing and share this with the media.
It is still not to late to do that as I think there are other power stations.

We all need to keep an open mind about this as in any war the truth gets confusing or a proper lie. Both sides will tell the truth and lies and a lot of the time there will be confusion.. Someone has to give way during the peace talks and then UN troops around the eastern areas as posted in a detailed post of mine.

If you have a better, more realistic idea let me know. Bottom line, putin is evil and nasty along with his cronies and I cannot recall Putin going into reverse gear so go for the best peace offer atm, ceasefire, un troops and work out a longer-term solution. Look at Libya, we liberated that its a cesspit as is Iraq - do we really want the people to suffer any more, NO

There will have to compromise on both sides as I see not alternative for immediate peace without a WW3/nuke war.. The only people to disagree with that are fools and want the killings to go on. Once ceasefire in place, work on it and hope the Russians take out Putin very soon.

Hopefully, soon, Putin is removed and a more sensible person leads Russia that is good for Russians and the rest of the world.

Thank you.

BREAKING

They guy did say similar a few days ago but I don't trust it.

today on national tv in h Belarus it again stated they won't get directly involved.
Thatcan be true if as expected Putin starts to carpet bomb areas into submissions.
All the more important to stop fighting, Russians move back out of the Ukraine to pre last week's positions and
talk and hope in the meantime Putin is taken out and some decent person leads Russia

https://www.reuters.com/world/belar...tent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Has anyone seen footage from the ITV crew leaving Mariupol?
ITV News joins last convoy out of Mariupol as key Ukrainian city is besieged by Russian forces | ITV News

It must've given 'em a nervous moment when they stared down the business end of a Russian tank...although i think the commander may've been having a laugh at their expense.
A part of me hopes the Mayor of that city realises he cannot fight on without causing further casualties in a needless battle that's reaching an inevitable end. Although i have nothing but admiration for those still willing to fight on and take as many with them to Valhalla. Sometimes you don't get the choice.

The Russian bill that can result in people spending up to 15years in jail has been passed by their lower house. It mostly concerns criticism of their armed forces.

One nuke power station captured without damage. Claims Russia are shooting at another - I very much doubt it but ...................... and it seems civilians are protecting it. Have to hope there isn't another type of false flag operation by some nutcase. Impossible - who knows.

It seems humanitarian corridors have been established and expected to be obeyed. It wont be if either side misuses them.

One refugee destination has raised it's terrorist threat level due to the influx.

NATO - what everyone wants to join. So if it does protect why want more. Latest want is NATO bases. There seems to be an assumption that they will be attacked eventually. It fits into a narrative that I suspect may have no basis - it wont have if NATO does protect. If attacked it comes down to can NATO war with Russia without either side using nukes and how these bases would help anyway.

Europe already has a number of "NATO" bases that are not far away. Nuke warning times are the same on both sides. Any warning time including troop build up.

More meetings - to discuss what else can be done.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back