Something missing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can't see any cutout in the body of the light - how did they get the cable from the rose inside it when it was screwed to the ceiling?

I regretted not getting the whole unit in the pic, however.

Spot on ban, the thing was so sharp it was nearly slicing through the cables.
This was only one of two in the same room, both were done the same.

I think you can just make out on the blurry pic, the blue and brown squashed a bit.

I don't see any point in using rawlplugs in a lath and plaster ceiling, I doubt the plaster (at least in out house) would have the strength to hold them and I doubt they would grip very well in the wood of the laths either.

I don't see any point in using rawlplugs in a lath and plaster ceiling, I doubt the plaster (at least in out house) would have the strength to hold them and I doubt they would grip very well in the wood of the laths either.
I was being fascesistt, faseshist, facaechist, er funny! ;)

Were it not for the posts on here, I'd be 99% certain that fitting is plastic.

We have one similar (only round and 3spot) with the plastic rings round the lamps, and its plastic.

These ones were a thin metal base, I had to cut slots out with a hacksaw for the wires.
And fit a 3 core flex.

Would it not have been better to remove the ceiling rose and make a suitable joint within the enclose of the fitting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back