Sorry another building question! Brick pillar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly sorry for another question and thanks to
Everyone who
Is helping me
On my projects … especially woody he has the patience of a saint and knowledge beyond his years!

Anyway I need to build a pillar onto a party wall on my porch but this pillar I only have room for one brick length and width with the width facing outwards…. I’ve been using stretcher bond for my projects but this pillar would mean stacking bricks directly
On top of each other for a height of around 6 ft

For my other projects when tiring into something I’ve cut
The wall away and joined my bricks into
The stretcher bond or bought the tie bars(don’t know the name) that you screw into the wall and bed into
Your mortar

Im
Unsure how to approach this
As i Cant Cut Any bricks Away from The party wall… would the tie bars work
For This?

It’s not taking any weight it’s just to
Move my front door along by 4”

I have already got a party wall agreement

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Hi
It’s a 9 inch wall but part of the party wall agreement was that I do not remove any of the bricks.

There’s a porch there already and widening the porch so it will be coming off the current concrete floor , I can’t really see the need of digging down to the foundations for such a little thing

It is the hinged side of the upvc door frame… as it is at present the porch sucks you open the door and the handle hits the wall lol

I did consider a timber piece of timber but I may have to put a lintel on it to hold a row or two of bricks above the door frame

This isn’t my house but it’s exactly the same as down our street , ours would be the left one thanks

Thanks
Jake

Attachments

• C97F6D6C-BCC0-4765-98A4-D1A132A77E45.png
    C97F6D6C-BCC0-4765-98A4-D1A132A77E45.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back