Sorry but I think this is getting beyond the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait until we have a BLM concert akin to live aid. It's coming.

Sponsored Links
I couldn't care less about football but is there evidence that black people (I don't think there are many other BAME people playing, are there?) are kept out of management or are they not interested in the job?

Sponsored Links
Well done to Mercedes and LH for some positive action to try to deliver equality.
Festive, and others seem right upset that they might lose their advantage.

My understanding is that the experience of being black or minority ethnic in this country at this time involves dealing with a number of different kind of disadvantages pretty much every day. If I were in that position I'd be sick of almost every aspect of my life being impacted by racism, and it's not something that could be solved by changing a channel.

So it's about time we paid attention to the facts, the history, and try to learn about the current experience of people subject to racism on a daily basis.
It seems highly unlikely Conny that you don't have racist prejudices of some kinds - it's very unusual, maybe even impossible, for people in the dominant group not to have such prejudices. I know I do.

So my request is this:

Can we get beyond this fear of being, or being seen as being racist?

Can we get over ourselves, and move on from our fear of being called racist, or our fear of saying the wrong thing, or not being allowed to say the wrong thing, and get on with actually addressing the racism in this country - it seems like it's the conversation that's trying to get going on this forum, but never quite gets going?

So here are a couple of resources to get started - North American based but useful to get us thinking:

The short one, with jokes:
"I'm not supposed to be perfect when navigating race..." "My prejudice was removed in 2005!" "We need to move away from the tonsils paradigm"

The longer one:

My understanding is that the experience of being black or minority ethnic in this country at this time involves dealing with a number of different kind of disadvantages pretty much every day. If I were in that position I'd be sick of almost every aspect of my life being impacted by racism, and it's not something that could be solved by changing a channel.

thanks for a great post -youve avoided the emotive tribal arguments about racism.

That second video is quite enlightening; especially that fact that women's equality/suffrage had to be implemented and allowed by men.

It didn't just appear by itself.

I had not thought in such terms.

its funny how the RWR have spent decades ignoring racism and equality, yet theyve all become ever so easily offended and super sensitive just because a few statues they never knew existed got toppled.

what a bunch of weedy woke loony snowflakes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You really are a cretin. Or a troll. Most likely both though.

Last edited:
I guess abuse and insults is the dominant culture on here.
No wonder some posters are not considered to be abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back