Sound insulation?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a "link detached" house, which in my case means that downstairs is detached but upstairs we share one wall with our neighbour. On this wall we have two bedrooms.

My neighbour is a little bit sensitive. A couple of times he has responded to the sound of my children playing (jumping around etc.) by banging on the wall.

Last night he banged so loudly that a picture fell from the wall.

I guess that there is only breeze blocks with plasterboard separating us for this to happen - would that be right? In the loft there is just a breeze block wall separating us.

We don't hear much from them, just their baby crying sometimes. He must have bionic hearing or something.

Anyway, is there a way to improve sound insulation without breaking the bank? Or some plasterboards better insulated than others? Or other simple options, such as replacing whatever insulation there might be behind the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back