Sound-Proofing a Studded wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any Product recommendations on the best thing to sound proof a studded wall I'm building. I'm using Lafarge db check 2400 x 1200 x 15mm TE (soundbloc) for the plasterboard and looking what to place between the studs. Height of wall is approx 2 metres and length of wall is 5 metres.
Thx :)

Sponsored Links
I've done some soundproofing work in a demo room for a high end hi-fi (as it was then) manufacturer and this stuff was spec'd

http://www.knaufinsulation.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=13

Are you using 4x2 timbers?

If you have the space I would consider 9mm plywood either side before the plasterboard goes on. Its rarely done or specified, unless its structural, but I always find it makes the partition a lot stronger.

Sponsored Links
If you havent built yet, use staggered studs (google it) will increase the sound isolation massively. 3x2 on 4x2 plate good for domestic purposes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back