Sound proofing a wall - does quote sound reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
Ive had a quote to soundproof a wall. Its for £500. The size of the wall is 3000 x 2400mm. Does this sound reasonable?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No idea whatsoever, unless you say what the hell is going to be done for your £500 how the hell can we possibly comment? Christ give me strength!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
ok ok, my bad, I didnt appreciate there were different ways to soundproof a wall.
Theyre going to make a stud wall and fill it with 75mm of Rockwool and then attach acoustic plasterboard to that.
I guess materials will be about £200(?) which leaves about £300 for labour.

ok ok, my bad, I didnt appreciate there were different ways to soundproof a wall.
Theyre going to make a stud wall and fill it with 75mm of Rockwool and then attach acoustic plasterboard to that.
I guess materials will be about £200(?) which leaves about £300 for labour.

Any sockets , radiators or similar issues?
Is it goung to be skimmed? Are they going to redecorate?

Price looks basically sensible to me; I don't know what the going rate is in Berkshire.

If it's built off a wooden floor, encourage them to stuff some rockwool into the gap under the floor - and similarly at the walls and ceiling, depending on construction, else the sound will leak around the edges.

I presume it will be proper high-density acoustic wool.

Will the wall be finished? Skimmed maybe?

There's going to be kitchen units hung against it, so Im not sure what finish they'll use.

Any sockets , radiators or similar issues?
Is it goung to be skimmed? Are they going to redecorate?

Price looks basically sensible to me; I don't know what the going rate is in Berkshire.

If it's built off a wooden floor, encourage them to stuff some rockwool into the gap under the floor - and similarly at the walls and ceiling, depending on construction, else the sound will leak around the edges.

I presume it will be proper high-density acoustic wool.

Thanks. Ill make sure they use RockWool or the equivalent.

When I helped a mate soundproof a garage into a studio, we floated the walls on 1" neoprene
We got it from hills rubber in reading- cut to 4" wide strips. The important point is to isolate the new wall from the old. NO CONTACT.
Use acoustic rock wool. Ideally two layers with a gap.
Double layer of plasterboard with staggered joins. Skimmed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back