SOund-Proofing bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have one very annoying neighbour :evil: (though, he would probably say the same about me) :evil: . He has complained for some time about Noise nusiance. I live in a cheaply built, poor acoustics flat. The neighbour in question lives above me. The ceiling is Concrete, but he still feels my music through the floor. Which has left me no other alternative than to Sound Proof my room. Most of the sound proof products are horrendously expensive, and i've opted for the cheaper option of using Paper-pulp eggs trays, covered by two layers of 12.5mm (25mm) Plasterboard around the entire room. Will this suffice? I'm assuming the Noise is airborne, but I really don't want to waste my time and money installing something if it's not going to work. I'm not expecting 100% insulation, but to make the noise appear distant, and remove the 'thump' he feels would suffice.

Sponsored Links
you must like eggs!i had the same problem in a flat i lived in.although it was a wooden floor i ripped up the floorboards and placed dense insulation between the joists. never worked for me. wasted money.was awoken every weekend to the sound of Westlife!!

Yeah... So much I got egg bound lol. Nah, just joking, I ordered them in bulk from a website online. They are thick chunky things. They consider anything built after the 80s as 'new-builds', but it's a well-known fact, just as they were preparing the legislation for the 'ASBO', they also got stuck into capitalism, cutting every corner to save every penny. Though, now people are losing their places left-right-and-centre because of the negligence of Housing Associations. Rough Justice....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back