Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've a sky hd box
Smart TV (Samsung)
Bluray Cinema surround

What's the best way to link each other?

At the moment when I've the surround sound on the sound slower than the image ie the lips move slightly quicker than the sound.

Sponsored Links
If the Blu-ray cinema surround system has an input either via Optical (audio only) or HDMI (video and audio) then connect the appropriate lead and feed sound directly to it.

The problem you're experiencing with lips is called "lip sync". What's happening is that the TV is doing a lot of picture processing which takes time. This delays the video picture relative to the sound. If the Blu-ray cinema surround system has an adjustment for lip sync then it becomes possible to delay the audio and through doing so re-sync it to the picture. You might also want to have a look at the TV's option regarding HDMI control in the Samsung TV and BD surround menus. Samsung's name for the feature is AnyNet+. Try switching this off to see if it changes the lip sync timing.

You can also adjust lip sync via the Sky box audio menus. The adjustment steps are 20ms. Remember to press the green button to save any changes.

Thanks the easiest option for me was through the Sky box sound settings.
I found that changing it to 40ms worked a treat.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
my Samsung smart tv, lets you change the sound / picture timing.
If its a new TV Samsung will help you connect they can do it via wifi chat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back