Soundbloc / Acoustic Plasterboard`

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can buy small quantities (5-10 sheets) of acoustic/soundbloc plasterboard?

None of the diy sheds stock it...

Need it for soundproofing a party wall.

Thanks,
DY.

Sponsored Links
A large Travis Perkins or Jewsons should stock it which is where I usually get mine but very recently our local B&Q Trade Centre has just started to stock ALL British Gypsum board & plaster products after a major revamp so it may be worth checking out; originally they only stocked standard wall board so it’s going to be a huge benefit for me; cheap as well!

Cheers guys.

Have been trying to find somewhere that stocks/sells smaller sheets (1800x900) as they're easier to get through the hallways & up the stairs of the block of flats I'm in. Just been on to a local Travis Perkins & they have GYPROC SOUNDBLOC RAPID @ £9.85 a sheet, which will do perfect.

Never used this stuff before - Richard C, have you used it then? Does it really make a big difference?

Ta,
DY.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys.

Have been trying to find somewhere that stocks/sells smaller sheets (1800x900) as they're easier to get through the hallways & up the stairs of the block of flats I'm in. Just been on to a local Travis Perkins & they have GYPROC SOUNDBLOC RAPID @ £9.85 a sheet, which will do perfect.

Never used this stuff before - Richard C, have you used it then? Does it really make a big difference?

Ta,
DY.
Buy full size sheets & cut them in half with a Stanley knife; cheaper than buying smaller sheets. Just treat Soundblock as you would ordinary plasterboard; its’ a bit heavier though. It might be worth considering 15mm thick sheets as opposed to normal 12.5mm; doesn’t cost that much more & will give a slightly improved attenuation.

Soundblock is primarily designed for use on stud partitions so you have a board each side but, more importantly, the stud is lined with mineral wool (can’t remember density off hand). The regs. say min. 25mm thick but I use either 50mm or 75mm cavity bats, depending on the thickness of the studwork. What, if anything, are you putting between the Soundblock & the wall behind it? One sheet of Soundblock on its own won’t make an awful lot of difference & you may be disappointed with the result!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back