Space behind illuminated bathroom mirror

It is yes, I suppose I could of removed the flex and pulled my cable in and connected it once screwed to the wall.
Well, that presumably depends upon the design - as I said, that sort of approach requires that the connections can be made 'from the front' (room-side) after the mirror has been fixed to the wall - and I'm far from sure that will necessarily always be the case

Sponsored Links
Well, that presumably depends upon the design - as I said, that sort of approach requires that the connections can be made 'from the front' (room-side) after the mirror has been fixed to the wall - and I'm far from sure that will necessarily always be the case
Your best bet is to get the mirror first then work out a plan, no?

What is going on?

We cannot specify and discuss every possible variation of installation method and appliance type on the market.

I wish to install a surface mounted pattress and socket.

How many types and ways are there of doing this?

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is to get the mirror first then work out a plan, no?
Of course ... when that is possible.

However, there are concepts such as "first fix", "making provision for possible ..." and "future-proofing" which require one to install wiring before one is actually sure what will be connected to it. What I am currently do comes into the category of "make provision for possible...".

What is going on?
Goodness only knows. I asked a very simple specific question and look what has happened!
We cannot specify and discuss every possible variation of installation method and appliance type on the market.
Quite so, and no-one has been asked to do that. I had already decided to run a cable to roughly the place where an illuminated mirror might be installed in the future, and then make whatever modifications (to wiring and/or mirror) that may than prove necessary if/when a mirror is installed, and I merely asked a simple question relating to the likely amount of space that would be available in relation to the 'covering up' of the terminations of that wiring for the time being.

I have found this thread very enlightening. I am very rarely in a similar position to a person who comes here for the first time and asks a simple specific question. I think I can now understand why it's quite common that they 'never come back' to this forum again!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back