Space invaders

Sponsored Links
The coin just goes straight through. The little black button that can manually click up credits
... doesn't...
It is likely that the manual credit switch is wired in parallel with the coin slot switch. If the coin slot switch was electrically stuck on this would render the manual credit switch U/S. Try disconnecting the coin slot micro switch (one of the two connections will suffice) and see if the manual credit button will work........
If it does, then just fit a another push button switch accessible the exterior, or of course replace the coin slot switch.

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20200330_150407_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

This is the coin microswitch. With one wire disconnected : the manual swith still does not work

This black button is the manual activation of the following microswitch

So if both microswitch don't give a credit, could it be this small board.
Screenshot_20200330_163213_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Screenshot_20200330_163150_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330_163150_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330_163150_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
Those pics of components C1061s very old NPN transistors. Older than me :eek:.

If as you say the microswitch doesn't trigger a credit either i would be doing a few things.

Very first how handy are you with a multi meter? 2nd thing id be doing is checking the continuity of both switch inputs when activated and none. If you're struggling here, i would try calling around for someone to help say your local facebook community and see if someone is willing to help, hmm but then you have contagion issues...
The dip switches could well trigger free goes etc.. ah here you go, there's even a forum here too. Old machines like this components failing switches and dry joints. The latter i used to suffer from until i found vape ;)

http://www.arcaderestoration.com/gamedips/8225/Space+Invaders+TV+Version+rev+2/Space+Invaders.aspx

Last edited:
Rubbish but I've got all the time in the world

Good stuff, anyway lots of info if you google, let me know if you're struggling ill try and help you resolve, lots of versions out there so first thing look up how to identify your model version.

I've always wanted the Asteroid version of your table!

Good stuff, anyway lots of info if you google, let me know if you're struggling ill try and help you resolve, lots of versions out there so first thing look up how to identify your model version.

I've always wanted the Asteroid version of your table!

There are cocktail cabinets on ebay that have been modified with more retro games. I bought as an investment, but has hardly gone up in the 15byears I've had it..... My day may come

Sponsored Links
Back