Credit from liquidated energy company

Offgen site says...

Suppliers have:

• six weeks from a switch to send a final bill
  • 10 working days from a final bill to refund a credit balance
  • 10 working days from identifying a standards breach to automatically compensate you. They could owe a further £30 if they don’t meet the compensation timeline.
[EDIT] I have now rung my bank and put a stop to Bristol Energy claiming their monthly DD, for energy they are not supplying. My bank say because the company is in administration, they cannot make a chargeback on moneys they have already taken - I would have to chase offgen for that..

Anyone else ex-Bristol, best stop their DD with the bank.

After the above, I decided to chase the insolvency administrators of BE, via email. They have just replied this morning to suggest my email has been passed to the department dealing specifically with BE's administration. I'll see where this goes..

It seems in total I am owed nearer £200, in credit plus dd's taken since they went into administration.

Sponsored Links
After the above, I decided to chase the insolvency administrators of BE, via email. They have just replied this morning to suggest my email has been passed to the department dealing specifically with BE's administration. I'll see where this goes..

It seems in total I am owed nearer £200, in credit plus dd's taken since they went into administration.

A phone call this afternoon from the administrators to say - the £86 credit remaining on my BE account, in due course will be passed to BG as credit, but it could take several months before it appears. I was advised my NatWest they cannot recover the £105 DD, which was paid to BE after they went into liquidation, that I should contact the administrators. The administrators say I should chase NatWest to recover the money under DD indemnity, NatWest say they cannot do that because BE have ceased trading. Now back to the administrators - no one taking any responsibility and me stuck in the middle owed money.

[EDIT] I have now been on to Ofgem. Ofgem say that it is the responsibility of my new supplier to sort out both my credit and dd overpayment, and reduce my dd to BG to take account of the money already paid to BE, which they will receive from the BE's administrators in due course. Ofgem said I should email BG, marking it as a formal complaint - explain the situation and invite them to adjust my dd to BG to take into account my BE credit, to give them eight weeks to deal with it, should they fail, to get back in touch with with Ofgem. Which I have now done.

[EDIT2] I wrote to BG's complaints email address, setting out my complaint about the mess up over credit and DD. Ofgem say BG is now entirely responsible, whether they like it or not, as my new supplier. The complaints email address, as provided by Ofgem and an automated email reply from BG just said they no longer monitor the complaints address. Try to talk to BG on the phone, an Indian operator, just went round in circles of him completely failing to understand.

I therefore sought out the BG CEO's email address and forwarded my complaint to him.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back