Space needed for floating shelf/pipes for wall mounted tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Im getting a wall mounted set of taps to go over a wall mounted slab basin. This is for my bathroom.

Under the slab wall mounted sink I would like to place a floating shelf (for towels etc). Im getting this floating shelf made for me as a favour from someone.

I need to know where to tell the carpenter to put the holes that the fixings will go for the floating shelf.

So, to avoid piercing the water pipes that will serve the wall mounted taps, I would like it if you guys could advise me on the following:

The slab wall mounted sink is 600mm width. The floating shelf is 500mm.

The slab wall mounted sink and the floating shelf will start at the same point on the wall, so the slab wall mounted sink will overhang the floating shelf by 100mm on the right hand side.

The wall mounted taps im getting are these.

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/s...wall-mounted-3-hole-basin-mixer-tap-ch-207-c/

Sadly they don't come with instructions that advise how far to space things apart.

Based on he above any advice would be appreciated on where to drill holes on the shelf for the fixings to avoid the ipipes.

Sponsored Links
From what I can see, the spacing between the centre of the spout and the centre of the tap is the recommended 270mm each side.
John :)

Hi John

I did see the figure 270 on the technical diagram, but thought this couldn't be refering to the measurement as 540mm between a set of taps seems excessive!!!

Is there a suggested standard distance between wall mopunted taps?

Really I can only suggest that you buy the taps, and see what you have in real life.....I don't fully understand the drawing as the pipes connecting the taps to the spout may be flexible - in which case you could have some leeway.

Sponsored Links
I have the taps in my possesion, they are flexible.

Thanks for your help John. That technical diagram is a bit rubbish!

Looking at the diagram again, maybe the measurement means that 270 is the maximum span of the taps....its not to the British Standards that I was taught!

Badly drawn , it's probably 270 between taps, needed to allow access to fit individual taps.Just mark in where the pipework runs and then they can be avoided.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back