Space saving radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I’m after some advise about taller space saving radiators. We were looking at getting them to free up space in the wall. But a few people have said that they are not as good as the regular wall rads. They are say the heat output is not as good.

does any one have and advise please?

Sponsored Links
Fitted a few of those and they seem decent. Just make sure they have the correct heat output rating for the room they're going into, and if in doubt go a size up rather than a size down

Sponsored Links
we had these added to 2 bedrooms in a bungalow , and they seem fine
https://www.bestheating.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TDRWSP21
Although we added insulation to the sides of the room, when the facia/soffits installed, removing about 8 tiles up the roof, which had been missing and made a huge difference to the entire bungalow, we have plenty of ventilation in the roof area, also replaced the windows
So hard to tell the difference because of all the other changes, but they get very hot all over, and on the original microbore. I dont see any reason why they should not work. I used various BTU calculators online to calc the size needed
https://www.bestheating.com/btu-calculator

Guys

Thanks for your reply. We were looking at getting these or but we were advised that unless you spend a lot of money on the tall spacer savers they don't give out as much heat, and its better to get a longer one that runs low, a traditional radiator. is that true?

is there a difference in how the heat is distributed with a longer lower wall one vrs a tall higher one?

thanks again

Heat output is heat output. If your room needs 1500 watts, any radiator rated at 1500 watts will do the job (assuming it's been rated using the recognised standard)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back