Spacing RSJ and Timbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iDIY

Hi Guys.
I have an RSJ bridging a 4m span above where the patio doors will be located. The RSJ is across the inner leaf and supporting the Roof Joists.

I am installing a 225x75 parallel to the RSJ across the outer leaf, this will not be taking any of the roof load.

What is the best way to tie the RSJ and the timber together. Timber spacers and coach bolts maybe?

Sponsored Links
1. What size is the steel beam?

2. What's the 9" x 3" for?

3. Will they be at the same level?

4.Flat roof or pitched?

1. What size is the steel beam?

2. What's the 9" x 3" for?

3. Will they be at the same level?

4.Flat roof or pitched?

Yes both same level, the RSJ size is irrelevant, as is the purpose of the timber and the type of roof, why over complicate a simple question?

Sponsored Links
6" nails should do it.

Or Evostick?

Or Gorrila Glue?

Last edited:
If the 9 x 3 isn't supporting any load, why have it in the first place?

If I wanted to explain every aspect of the build I would have done scale drawings, and included SE calls for the “RSJ’. Now move long and leave space free for anyone who has the slightest inclination of answering the question rather than simply building their message count.

The size of the steel beam, and type of roof does have a bearing on possible solutions to the problem. Why should anyone waste time trying guess possible ideas if you can't even be bothered to give any meaningful details?

The size of the steel beam, and type of roof does have a bearing on possible solutions to the problem. Why should anyone waste time trying guess possible ideas if you can't even be bothered to give any meaningful details?

Wrong AGAIN

Wrong AGAIN[/QUOTE]

Instead of advice on construction, maybe you need advice on anger management?
Contact your GP for details.

Wrong AGAIN

Instead of advice on construction, maybe you need advice on anger management?
Contact your GP for details.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should be on the stage, you seem to be clairvoyant.. I don’t get angry with idiots..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back