Spam Text Numbers

C

cantaloup63

We've all been called or texted by nuisance numbers on our mobile phones - silent calls, sales reps etc etc. Now the TPS is one thing, but there are get out clauses for companies if you have inadvertently given them permission to call you.

So, the question I have is - why isn't there an option equivalent to marking an incoming number as "spam". This means that you'd still be aware that they had called you when you check your spam box on the phone (or even diverted to a list as an email attachment), but your phone wouldn't have rung and disturbed you?

Sponsored Links
I on't really understand exactly wnat you are on about, but I beleive you can bar specific numbers anyway.

I kept getting a text saying, I could claim compensation for injuries received in "my recent accident" (never had any accidents for bloody years) So one day I replied to the text saying, I had not had any accidents, but had caused hundreds in the last few years. Next text received said, One of our advisor's will contact you shortly, You could be entitled to hundreds of thousands £££'s compensation. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I on't really understand exactly wnat you are on about, but I beleive you can bar specific numbers anyway.
Orange require you to make a complaint about a "nuisance number", which seems a bit of a pest if you have to do it for every number you want to bar. Being able to add a number to a spam list without having to go throught the rigmarole of contacting your provider would be useful.

Registering with the TPS makes it a legal requirement that companies do not call you for marketing purposes unless you have given them your consent. I doesn't work very well for text messaging nor silent call numbers, but it's better than nothing

Sponsored Links
I kept getting a text saying, I could claim compensation for injuries received in "my recent accident" (never had any accidents for bloody years) So one day I replied to the text saying, I had not had any accidents, but had caused hundreds in the last few years. Next text received said, One of our advisor's will contact you shortly, You could be entitled to hundreds of thousands £££'s compensation. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Oops, you may have blown a gaff here. By responding, you have given the senders information that you number is active, and they will now probably pass your number on to a load of interested parties.

If it's a text, either ignore it, or reply text "STOP ALL"

They are then obliged to stop sending them, and there is some official channel for complaints that I've never needed to use.

Vodafone have a process for blocking spam texters if you forward it to them. I have used it a couple of times.

Most phones can surely block the numbers themselves? My 6 year old Samsung can.

My mobile number is a secret. It's so secret, even I don't know what it is. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(I don't know why I'm laughing; it's true. :) :) :) )

My mobile number is a secret. It's so secret, even I don't know what it is. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(I don't know why I'm laughing; it's true. :) :) :) )

I'm the very same SC. :LOL: If anybody asks for my mobile number, i have to look up "my number" in the phone.

Sponsored Links
Back