Spare a thought/kind word for all your OAP neighbours ...

M

Moz

this Christmas .... :)
My Dad still lives in the old two up /two down terrace on our old sink estate,he is an Independant/proud silly old "sod"many of his neighbours are same age/type ,
I visit him once a week to see he is ok an take him out shopping to Tescos,while Im at my old family home I knock on 3 different houses an see they are ok , even though these old ladies have relatives , None ever visit them , poor old souls ...

Please if you could give that OAPs neighbours door a knock this year an wish them a "Merry Christmas an ask them if they are ok ?"

I know you may get some nasty old devil ...telling you to get lost !
but at least when your sat at home with family an friends over Christmas dinner you know that neighbour is not cold an dying behind their front door ...

Sponsored Links
moz isnt wrong on this as only last week i went to 2 OAPs houses that onstream had turned off due to new meter install and failing tightness test the old timers had a bad time getting anyone out as no gas businesses could fit them in or so they say ( not enough cash in it for them )

anyhoo i digress

when i was there and doing the biz i got to talking and the 2 oaps above have no immediate family to rely on and only get a helper once a week ? 1 time a week someone goes to there house wtf is that ?

might i add one of the old ladys was 84 i really thought the dhss had more people on this

so like moz says spare a thought for the old timers in your area and dont assume they have someone looking out for them

ps be tactful as they are very proud of there independence

Sponsored Links
Well done Moz, should be all the year round and not just for Christmas

Back