Spares for 15-year-old (at least) Bosch condenser dryer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Bosch Condenser tumble dryer has packed up and the engineer who had a look at it recommended to ditch it and get a new one, given its age.

I can't recall when it was bought, but it was quite state of the art at the time and may be over 15 years old - Bosch WTL 4610 Electronic Condenser Dryer.

The fault may be with the PCBs - the front panel one or one on the right at the top, but I was told parts over 10 years old are usually discarded.

Are the replacement parts still available?

Could anyone recommend a replacement and reliable condenser tumble dryer? Anything below £400 and it doesn't have to be this year's model, so long as it's new.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Post the E-number (on the door opening) & state which parts you require.

It says:

WTL4610GB/02 FD 7212 00008

There weren't any worrying mechanical noises, when it stopped working; it simply stopped part way through a cycle and wouldn't restart. The light on the front panel remained on and the engineer sussed it must be one of the two PCBs.

I can't give you any parts nos. though, sorry.

There is only 1 pcb (top right hand side) p/n 056898, it is still available from Bosch at the princely sum of 170 pounds. Otherwise your machine has a hybrid mechanical timer fitted in the front panel (p/n 088824), also available from Bosch at around 200 pounds. If you are convinced one of the above is at the root cause of your problem it may pay to speak to these people first & ask for a repair/recon quote http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=contact_us State the full namplate details when requesting a quote.
However I would tend to agree with the engineer who looked at it....scrap it & buy a new one.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I'll contact them for a quote.

If I buy a replacement, I'll probably stick with as reliable a make as you can get nowadays - Bosch, Miele, Siemens or AEG.

Do you know if there are any models I should avoid?

Thanks.

You only get what you pay for...buy cheap buy twice. Stick with a good name/reputation (the less bells & whistles the better).

Bosch is owned by Siemens and alot of parts are common between them.

AEG owned by Electrolux which puts some off, I personally prefer the Zanussi badged Electrolux kit for price to performance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back