Spattering mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Our kitchen mixer tap works fine with the hot water, but cold water splatters everywhere and dribbles back down the spout.

I'd really appreciate help fixing this. We'll be replacing the whole kitchen within a year, so would rather not buy new taps now.

The spout end has an inner nozzle that the hot comes out of, which seems to be sprung mounted (or at least loose, it moved as I tried cleaning the spout with a bottle brush), and the cold comes from outside the ring.

I figure that if I can take it apart I may find an obvious fault, or as is often the way taking apart and putting together again fixes quite a few things!

There doesn't seem to be a way to remove the rings though; the black plastic from which the water comes out is within the main arm of the spout appears to be integral to the door - there isn't something to hold on to to unscrew it.

Without better knowledge, I'm reluctant to just apply force and pull it out with pliers. There is a joint in the spout that implies I may be able to take the end 2" of the spout off, but I'm not sure it is supposed to come apart here, or whether this would help me.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Jo

Attachments

• DSC_0576.JPG
    DSC_0576.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0577.JPG
    DSC_0577.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Ah - just seen my picture and noticed something odd so looked at the problem with a torch. It looks like there was a removable
removable end to the tap, but it is sheared off. doubtful I'll be able to get out what remains threaded in (unless any one has a trick?). New tap me thinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back