Speaker socket for architrave box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a rant really.

Trying to do some decorating. The previous owner has installed some speaker cables which just emerge out the wall. (which I don't use)

I had the idea that I could fit a metal architrave box to terminate these tidly with a blank plate over them.

I then had the bright idea that I would fit a proper speaker socket to tidy it up.

Had a look on ebay and they don't seam to do speaker outlets for architrave boxes, only single gang size :( Unless anyone knows different ?

A big box like that is going to look more ugly that it is now :mad:

And to make matters worse screwfix don't seam to sell architrave metal boxes.

Back to plan A I guess.

Sponsored Links
The previous owner has installed some speaker cables which just emerge out the wall. (which I don't use) ... I had the idea that I could fit a metal architrave box to terminate these tidly with a blank plate over them. ... I then had the bright idea that I would fit a proper speaker socket to tidy it up. Had a look on ebay and they don't seam to do speaker outlets for architrave boxes, only single gang size :(
If there's no accessory, the cable may well not be buried in a safe zone :)

I've never seen/heard of architrave-size speaker sockets. However, I'm sure that if you looked around you could find some sufficiently low profile (at the back!) speaker sockets of some sort (2-pin DINs?) to mount on an architrave blank plate - provided, that is, you are comfortable drilling holes in that treacherous substance!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Can't you just mount your speaker socket of choice into an architrave blank plate?

Can't you just mount your speaker socket of choice into an architrave blank plate?
Indeed....
...I'm sure that if you looked around you could find some sufficiently low profile (at the back!) speaker sockets of some sort (2-pin DINs?) to mount on an architrave blank plate - provided, that is, you are comfortable drilling holes in that treacherous substance!
... but Andy appears to have found a ready-made solution, anyway!

Kind Regards, John

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks. That second one looks better and cheaper.

Only improvement would be something more flush.

Are you doing any decorating?

Just wondered, as you don't want to use the cables, whether you could simply dig out a small crater where they emerge from the wall, cut them right back, then fill the hole with plaster or filler.

Or would brushed metal look OK? You could get in touch with Nexxia and ask if they'd supply a blank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back