Speed camera detectors

They are legal

"Camera detectors are legal for use on UK roads. A few years ago there was talk that detectors with radar and laser detection may become illegal under proposed legislation, but this ban didn't take place - meaning that both laser/radar detectors and GPS safety cameras are still legal in the UK.
Always remember that laws are different if you're planning on driving abroad, and that in most EU countries laser/radar and GPS safety cameras are illegal. Speed camera detectors are not legal in the Republic of Ireland."

Can be bought in Halfords - http://www.halfords.com/technology/speed-camera-detectors/speed-camera-detectors/snooper-4zero-elite

However like mentioned by others I would much rather rely on a satnav to tell me there are speed cameras on a road. Also if you are not speeding you have nothing to worry about.
The above does not detect fixed camera's just uses database to warn you of presence. Only detects hand held units being pointed at your vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Laser and radar detectors are still legal but fairly pointless with GPS detection generally more effective as long as the data is good (longer range).

Laser jammers are not technically illegal themselves but using one will often attract a charge of "perverting the course of justice" if you're caught. This is a very serious offence and I personally cannot understand why anyone still takes the risk of using something like this. This also goes for anything else designed to interfere with your offending being detected (e.g. flash resistant number plates, flip up number plates) etc.

Camera databases are illegal in France, but databases of "danger zones" are not.

I've used the Pocketgpsworld database for many years on various devices. It's generally very up to date because a large community is incentivised to update it. Worth noting however that there are so many cameras and potential mobile camera sites these days that if you have everything turned on you'll be getting non-stop warnings.

Depending on what you run it on, warnings may or may not be easy to tune. For example, there's no simple way to differentiate cameras in different directions for travel on Garmin (unless you buy their database).

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Back