speedfit insert for copper pipe

I've done training with hepworth, polypipe and speedfit.. .all these companies, though having had there own problems at one time and another, show that incorrect installation is the major cause of problems...

Sponsored Links
I've done training with hepworth, polypipe and speedfit..
You must have a lot of time on your hands!

I ALWAYS mark plastic pipes before pushing them into fittings!

Tony
But surely you never use plastic Tony, it's SO not Professional!! Or were you having a Tyneside, normal-person sort of moment?? ;)

I use speedfit pipe, which for some reason has markings every 25mm.

Wonder why ;)

Why do people on here knock other people who are trying to help... ???

The training was part of my job, so no i don't have plenty time on my hands... In fact I'm very busy this week, doing underfloor training... :)

I'm off to find a friendly forum... ;)

Sponsored Links
I ALWAYS mark plastic pipes before pushing them into fittings!
That's because you're an amateur, and, according to what you've told the forum, you've been using them only for a few months.

Apart from anything else, you can see the pipe end for the first connection into any push-fit fitting, and if you use them regularly you can tell by feel. :rolleyes:

95% of all flexi plumbing problems are caused by bad installation, and that includes plumbers and diy...
Where did you find this figure of 95%?
I've done training with hepworth, polypipe and speedfit.. .all these companies, though having had there own problems at one time and another, show that incorrect installation is the major cause of problems...
I would still like to know from where, precisely, you got the figure of 95%.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back