Spindle moulder/router table?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all, this is my first post on here and am just looking for a bit of advice. i've been doing site joinery/carpentry and kitchen fitting for a few years now. Just lately work has become more and more slack, which would mean for me to travel away from home if I wanted to stay in the industry. This is not something I am keen on, as I have a family, so travelling the country is not ideal for me. I am looking to sart my own small joinery business in the new year and open a small workshop. I would mainly be dealing in domestic and small commercial work along with supplying and fitting a range of kitchens. I have never used a spindle moulder before, so have no experience. I am not sure wether I would need a spindle moulder or just a router table? Which would be the best option?

Sponsored Links
There was a good article on this in a recent issue of Fine Woodworker, issue 195. You do have to be member to read the full article on line (though they have some kind of free trial scheme).

I can't advise you which way to go, but how about planning to have both? You will probably need a router table anyway, as they are very versatile and the tooling is (relatively) inexpensive. Prepare to buy a spindle moulder if you get orders for joinery which you can't do on the router table, and when you can justify the cost of the extra machine. That assumes, of course, that you have space for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back