splashback

Sponsored Links
Hey sophie cheers for looking i really appreciate it even though i still cant find that exact pattern so far the search carries on but there are a few close to it like the caiman one.
Would it be best to paste the paper onto glass and perspex then screw that to the wall and what about cutting out slots for the sockets is that gonna be a pain.

@ archer1204,

I've read your thread in General DIY and noticed that it's been confirmed by PBofD (very helpful chap ;) ) that the backsplash is wallpaper.
One possibility you might want to consider, if you find the pattern or a similar one you like, would be to paper the area and then apply a Decorator's Varnish (along the lines of Polyvine) over the top to help protect it from general kitchen grime. I say a possibility because, whilst Polyvine is an excellent product, I have only used it on painted wallpaper and plaster so you would have to test or check whether it would be suitable for use on any particular paper you choose.

http://www.polyvine.com/category/show/polyvine varnishes/all polyvine varnishes/6

Thanks for that misterhelpful whatabout sandwiching between 2 bits of perspex then screwing it to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I make the splashbacks you posted here,

we can make some custom patterns if you can supply us with close up image of the required pattern

drop us a mail to [email protected]

we are UK based too btw!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back