split in boiler Grant 90 outdoor combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anybody help.I have a Grant 90 combi outdoor system and have been losing pressure for some weeks now.I top the pressure up a few times daily
and an engineer has recently told me I have a crack in the boiler & shown me where the water is leaking.He tells me that the only answer is to have a new one fitted at a cost of over £5000.My system is about 6 years old and has had many new parts fitted in this period.Basically I cannot afford a new one but my question is:Can the boiler be welded by an experienced qualified welder.

regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
I guess almost anything can be welded up if access is ok and the welder is suitably skilled....is a replacement water jacket not available?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the split is in the main water jacket. These usually have a 5 year warranty so you're not that long out of period. Problem with a replacement jacket is the cost of the labour but as that model is a simple combi with comparatively few components should still be much cheaper than a replacement boiler.

Did you honestly get quoted £5000.00 to supply & fit a replacement?..Are you running any underfloor heating from your boiler?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back