splitting the supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Can anyone tell me the regs on splitting the supply I require to provide a supply to an self contained extension consisting of cooker, shower, kitchen ring, and lighting circuit. I have considered splitting the supply before the main CU and then supplying both CU,s via a henly block also would it be in order to run the main earth conducter from extension back to the MET in the main CU, or is there a better way, perhaps a complete fused service head and PME it
Mac

Sponsored Links
If you want a separate supply then the only people who can do that will be the DNO, so unless you desperately need separate billing for the extension I can't see that it would be worth the expense.

Split the supply as you say, and of course the main earth from the extension CU has to go to the existing MET.

Does the extension have its own incoming water and/or gas supply?

How are you going to isolate the electricity supply to make it safe to work on the tails?

HI b a s
seperate water supply but in plastic, no gas. I will either install a isolator or service fuse my end for maintenance. and ta for the info
Mac

Sponsored Links
How will you do the initial isolation to make it safe for you to install your isolator or switchfuse?

How far away will the new CU be? Have you checked if your supplier wants you to use SWA, or to install a switchfuse?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back