spot the mistake?

Thanks Ban,

Nice to see you can laugh at people who are less fortunate. Yes I'm training and I wouldn't be on here if I knew everything.....
You have probably been doing electrics all your life, but if you asked me for help on linux or server issues I'd be able to help. Not laugh because you didn't know...
I never said I knew everything about electrics..hence the work training-"acquiring of skill: the process of teaching or learning a skill or job."

Sponsored Links
You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

If you thought that the diagram you drew might possibly be right then you shouldn't even pick up a screwdriver, let alone own one, because it shows that you just have zero understanding of what a basic light switch does.

Yes I'm training and I wouldn't be on here if I knew everything.....
That won't wash.

Firstly
when i was doing my electrical training....
which means your electrical training was in the past.

Secondly
they taught us the certain ways to wire 2 and 3 way lighting
They didn't teach you what you drew. They didn't teach you that one of the ways to wire 2 and 3 way lighting was to create a circuit which would blow fuses/trip MCBs and weld switch contacts together.

They may have shown you two 2-way switches linked together, but that went clean over your head because you don't even understand what a switch does.

You have probably been doing electrics all your life,
No, but I can assure you that within a few seconds of being shown or reading about how a switch worked I would have known that what you drew was a disaster waiting to happen.

but if you asked me for help on linux or server issues I'd be able to help.
No thanks - got that covered too.

Not laugh because you didn't know...
I never said I knew everything about electrics..hence the work training-"acquiring of skill: the process of teaching or learning a skill or job."
Like I said - it's reality check time. For whatever reason you are not cut out to do electrical work. You simply do not have the foggiest idea - what you drew should have been instantly obviously wrong to anyone with any hope of acquiring the necessary skills.

Every day you spend trying to learn this skill is a day of your life down the pan - please give it up and concentrate on something you can actually do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back