SPOTLIGHT BULB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently purchased a small light box cube for use in taking pictures of small objects. The kit came with two spotlights with a label saying:

Replace with 50W MAX double envelope tungston halogen bulb that is marked on the lamp carton as being suitable for use without an additional shield. Type MR16 lamp not rated for enclosed use only.

I've checked around the Internet but not come up with anything. Is anyone aware of what this bulb is and where I could get spares if required. Needless to say it's made in China and probably an obscure bulb known only to them.

Sponsored Links
The 'double envelope' part refers to the fact that the front of the reflector needs to have glass over it. Most/all of this type of lamp have this anyway, so not a problem.

Without it, when the lamp fails, there is a good chance of hot molten glass being sprayed onto whatever objects or people are nearby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back