Spotlight holder attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have just moved house and was trying to replace a broken bulb in one of the kitchen spotlights. I had assumed that the outer casing was held in with a twist and pull attachment. When it was twisted, however, it just sort of dropped off and appears to have been held onto the ceiling plaster with some kind of adhesive. The inner fitting, where the GU10 bulb attaches to, also does not appear to be fixed into the ceiling (I was expecting some sort of spring arrangement) and is now just hanging from its cables. (See photo)
Is there a simple way to repair/ replace the fitting so that the ceiling does not have to be destroyed in the process?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have something similar in the bathroom.

The black can is bonded to the ceiling (i think there might also be spring things holding it up, and i can just make out one spring in your photo.)

The GU10 lamp clips into the silver piece, and you connect it to the lampholder then push/twist the silver piece up into the black can locking it inplace.

Yup, the black thing should not have been pulled out, it's meant to stay in the ceiling.

if you've scrogged it, you won't be able to fix it properly. Buy a new one. The part number is probably on it, somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back