Spotlight Junction boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The spotlights in my bathroom were 'bodged' slightly by the guy who installed them.
Each spotlight is currently 'daisy chained', but the wiing is messy and the lights were not really designed to have two lots of cable going in/out from them.

I have been advised by my electrician to use junction boxes for each spotlight to run off one single cable into each spotlight.

The trouble is, I want to fix the junction boxes to the beams in the loft. The standard junction boxes will not fit on the beams (75mm diameter) but I have found some 5Amp ones that are only 60mm diameter and will therefore fit.

Is 5A OK on a lighting circuit? I'm assuming that will be fine? Or do I need to lose a higher spec junction box?

Sponsored Links
if you only want one cable you could use connector blocks then wrap a choc box around them, these are designed for this purpose

Sponsored Links
Thanks All.
Fireman22 - I like the look of these - will fit nicely against the beams.
Can I use a higher rated terminal block than 5A - I'm assuming it doesn't matter - as I am assuming I may not be able to fit 2 lots of 5A wire into a 5A terminal block, or will there be plenty of room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back