Spotlights under stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched and surprised I can't find this, so apologies if have missed a previous thread.

Have a wooden staircase am about to board underneath with 9mm ply.

Wish to fit 2 spotlights in to the ply and void in two of the steps. Even if using LED lamps, is that enough for heat issue / dissipation?

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Despite heat dissipation issues, Most downlights have a depth of several inches. Is there enough clearance, Clarence?

Don't forget the cable run.
Makes sense to build in a conduit of some sort that complies with safe zones etc

Sponsored Links
The cable is clipped to the back although can put in plastic conduit if you think it should be.

Yes enough depth as will go exactly in the centre of the gap.

I have a kitchen that extends in to the hallway, the last item of the built-in cupboards is a tall fridge freezer. Then a relatively small gap with one spotlight from the ceiling and then the underside stairs starts shortly afterwards. So these two spotlights will properly light up that void, to about halfway down the understairs run.

I have done the arc and beam calculations and together with other lighting will be fine, if of course I can actually position then as originally mentioned in my original questions without any safety issues/concerns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back