Spraying kitchen cabinet doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as above, has anyone used spray cans for this job if so, was if successful, and what make did you use, thanks for your time!!

Sponsored Links
You can spray almost anything if it as a) keyed b) degreased c) primed correctly.
I assume it's currently a smooth melamine finish or similar?

Nozzle

You can spray almost anything if it as a) keyed b) degreased c) primed correctly.
I assume it's currently a smooth melamine finish or similar?

Nozzle
Hi Nozzle, thanks for your reply. Yes it is a smooth finish, also looking for recommendations for makes of paint in spray cans!

Sponsored Links
I'd have a go with ordinary acrylic paint. Like all good paint jobs, the key is in the PREPARATION. Use a good primer first and keep the dust away, if you're spraying in a garage on the dusty floor or something like that, sprinkle the floor with water first to stop dust kicking up. Many light coats are better than few heavy ones, and be methodical with your spraying pattern. Push the button of the spray can so the spray starts off the work piece, then move the can across the work piece.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back