Spraying neighbour.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An elderly lady I know has a neighbour from hell. His latest wheeze is to have set up a £35 cat deterrent water sprayer from Amazon, fitted with a PIR motion sensor. He has it directed over the 6 foot fence to spray her when she goes to the shed or bins.
What can she do.

Attachments

• 20121025_080227.jpg
    20121025_080227.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20121025_080258.jpg
    20121025_080258.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Give him the benefit of the doubt? Perhaps its been pulled over by the hose?

Or is it her cat crapping in his garden?

This is almost the textbook definition of nuisance, without knowing the background the steps to resolve it generally are:

Document all occurrences.

Speak to the neighbour.

Write them a letter.

Involve the local authority/ council.

Seek legal advice.

Court action.

Remember in order to reach an agreement both parties must be able to meet somewhere.

Looks like Kinlochleven? Funny wee place, you'd go mad living there!

Sponsored Links
Swwils
Thanks for that. He's a hermit, lives with the curtains drawn and has several security cameras round the house. I suspect he may be a little mentally challenged. Emerges occasionally to rant at neighbours for some imagined slight. Police have attended in the past and found he had viewing screens for the cameras, and listening devices on the internal party walls,. Was instructed to remove them but....

scbk
Good research Batman !!!. Yeah, been about 50% colonised by strangers now since the factory closed in 2000.
:cry:

Last edited:
I have similar sprayers around the chicken runs and if not very firmly fixed will move out if position so as said, may not be a deliberate act

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back